Thursday, April 16, 2009

My dog chatters his teeth loudly numerous times a day after scenting another dog. Will he grow out of this??

Dacker, my German Shorthaired Pointer, has this tendency to chatter his teeth whenever he smells another dog, male or female. I was wondering if this would go on throughout his whole life or will he grow out of it? The chattering can get very loud and violent and he does it all day long. I really dont want him to ruin his teeth at the age of year and a half. At the moment he still has his boys in the back but if having him neutered will stop the constant chatter then i just might consider it.

My dog chatters his teeth loudly numerous times a day after scenting another dog. Will he grow out of this??
Haha... my dog does the same thing.. he does it when he smells my other dogs business.....he too still has his jewls..... its sorta like when male humans get aroused... something pops up... this is a dogs way of expressing that. they pick up the pharmones (sp?) and it arouses them. your dog may or may not grow out of it. When he starts to chatter.... try tlling him NO and gently hold his mouth closed..... also see if the neutering helps.
Reply:He is probably just excited by the scent of the other dogs, check his gums and teeth regularly for signs of breakage or bleeding gums, as long as there aren%26#039;t any it shouldn%26#039;t pose to much of a problem unless it gets worse. As for removing the boys in the back, if it is a response to both male and female dogs I doubt it would have any effect, if he only did it in response to female dogs in season then I would consider it.



acne scar

No comments:

Post a Comment